Joke Pile #442

So Long Comic King Bob Newhart 😇


What a week it has been...and it is only Tuesday...

I think the world really has gone to hell in a handbasket. I know this because handbaskets were very inexpensive during Amazon Prime Days.

I wonder if there is such a thing as demonic repossession?

I thought it was a bad idea that we had two elderly presidents running for re-election. Now we are down to just one.

It was wild at airports last Friday. When the computers crashed, people had to pretend like they really wanted to go home.

I think that you should count your lucky stars, but only if you can afford one or more of them.

I thought a hostile takeover was when too many summer travelers showed up at a youth hostel at the same time.

I wonder what kind of card you send when you don't care enough to send the very best?

I think that there is nothing lax about laxatives.

I think the Book of Love was never a NY Times best-seller but has always had great word-of-mouth.

I think the folks already living in America must have been very confused when the "founding fathers" showed up.


I think that people in Gallup, New Mexico sometimes get the trots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some news items

Democratic hopeful Kamala Harris has begun to consider her possible choices for VP. So far, she has narrowed it down to people with a beating heart.

It was announced that Republican VP candidate JD Vance is actually a finance company that deals with unsecured loans and cash for gold.

Caitlin Clark and WNBA All-Stars beat the US Olympic Women's Basketball team which coincidentally is also made up of the WNBA All-Stars. Who are the real Olympians, again? 

The middling Chicago Cubs are considering parting ways with star player Cody Bellinger, after re-signing him in the hopes of capturing the NL Central from the Milwaukee Braves. However, not being considered is sending current Cubs and former Milwaukee manager Craig Counsell back to Milwaukee.

Today the director of the Secret Service resigned. After testifying before Congress yesterday, her service was no longer a secret or needed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally in trendy news, "hawk tuah" is the way I clear my lungs every morning when I get up. I don't suppose that will make me go viral, although it may be bacterial.


Comments