Joke Pile #429

 Taking time to remember Richard Lewis...and things I think I thought.








Richard Lewis was not everyone's cup of tea, but as a Jewish kid, I got him. When he said things like "My grandmother was a Jewish juggler: she used to worry about six things at once," I knew where he was coming from.  He was a comic who wore his hurt out on his sleeve. As a person who has lived with my share of depression-related issues, I appreciated him when he said, “If I stop complaining I’ll have nothing to complain about.” R.I.P. Richard Lewis even though I'll never forgive him for graduating from Ohio State University (pre the "The").

Things I think I thought about this week:

I think I thought the expression "from soup to nuts" applies only when you flip a steaming bowl of clam chowder on your lap.

I think I thought that neurotic behavior is better than old-rotic behavior.

I think I thought it must be fairly common for a squirrel to say, "I may be going out on a limb, but..."

I think I thought it bad to be sentimental about collecting maple syrup. Scratch that...it's just sappy.

I think I thought that some people talk about their hardships but not about their soft ones.

I think I thought that living a life of wretched excess would be unpleasant but one of etched recess would be just confusing. 

I think I thought that winning isn't everything unless it involves a sibling rivalry.

I think I thought anything is possible, but especially not doing the impossible.

I think I thought that doing something "just for kicks" is pretty darn masochistic and also not profitable.

I think I thought that when I raked the leaves and trash from my curb I was de-guttering my life.

I think I thought is it wrong for God to call him/herself the GOAT?

I think I thought how does the moon know that it's really full?

I think I thought that a snarky old Russian. leader would have to have been very czar-castic. 

I think I thought do flags outside Catholic churches during a funeral fly at half mass?

I think I thought that when someone from the Iowa women's basketball coaching staff calls up a prospect, do they refer to themselves as a "Bluder Recruiter"?

I think I thought I know why the OSU Buckeye mascot is called Brutus. After their women's team won the B1G regular season conference title, I thought, "et tu, Brutus?"

Comments