Joke #351

Wendy, the happy ice cream truck driver, was tooling down the street one hot summer afternoon. Billy and his older sister Jody heard the ice cream truck coming and ran into the house to see if their dad would give them money for ice cream. Their dad gave them some money and they went racing outside the house. However, the ice cream truck had just gone past their house.


"Wait!" Billy and Jody yelled in unison as the truck rolled by. Wendy saw them and stopped the truck and the kids ran up to her counter. 

"What'll you have, kids?" Wendy asked cheerfully. 

Jody said, "I'll have a cherry popsicle." "And I'll have an orange push-up," Billy said.

"Sorry kids," Wendy said, "I'm all out of those."

"That's okay, said Jody, "I'll have a grape popsicle." "Yeah," said Billy, "and I'll have a fudgesicle."

Wendy rummaged in the freezer and said, "Sorry kiddos, I'm out of those, too."

"Okay," said Jody, "I'll have a crunch bar." "Yeah, and I'll have a drumstick," said Billy.

Wendy looked in the freezer and said, "Kiddos, I am so sorry, but I seem to be out of those, too. I do have ice cream sandwiches and some bomb pops. Would either of those be okay?"

Both Jody and Billy frowned and Billy started crying and carrying on. "I don't want a stupid ice cream sandwich or a crummy bomb pop!" he screamed. 

Jody said to Billy, "That's not nice, you apologize to the ice cream lady."

Billy said, "Why do I have to apologize? She's the one who doesn't have what I want!"

Jody said, "Billy, there will be lots of people who disappoint you, but you aren't allowed to yell at them."

Wendy said, "That's alright, I know how kids can get when I don't have their favorites."

Jody turned and annoyedly said, "Lady, do I look like I am talking to you?"

Comments