Joke #317

Marvin Moonbeam, the former TV weatherperson and now an upstart candidate for the state legislature knocked on doors in the neighborhood. Things went well until she knocked on cranky, old Mr. Phillips's door.

Mr. Phillips: May I help you, young man?

Marvin Moonbeam: Hi, I'm Marvin Moonbeam and I'm running for the state legislature so I can represent people from this district like you! I'm here to listen to your concerns.

Mr. P: I know you, you are the weather fella from Channel 8.

MM: Yes, I did the weather at Channel 8. But, now I'm running for public office. What issues matter to you, sir?

Mr. P: I remember one time you said the sun would be shining all day, "not a chance of rain," you said, but then it rained like crazy all day long.

MM: Sir, I am sorry, but I only reported the weather, I didn't make it. Is there anything that you'd like me to know to serve you better at the statehouse?

Mr. P: Then there was the time that you said it was going to be in the 70s, you said, "Not a chance was it going to be a scorcher." It ended up being almost 100 degrees!

MM: Sir, again, I am sorry but I only reported the weather. That is one of the reasons I'm running for this office. I wanted to be able to make a difference!

Mr. P: Well, you already made a difference for me. On the day you said it would be sunny, I hung my wash out to dry and ended up with soggy clothes. The time you said it was going to be in the 70s, I waxed my car and ended up scorching myself in the heat.

MM: I'm truly sorry about that, sir. I know I'll be a better legislator than I was a weather reporter. Can I count on your vote?

Mr. P: You can count on my vote like I counted on your weather reporting; there's no chance.





Comments